Windows 7 Support Ends In January 2020
After January 14, 2020, Microsoft will no longer provide security updates or support for PCs, laptops or tablets with Windows 7. The team at System 15 recommends that you upgrade to Windows 10 to keep your work force productive and secure.
While your computer will still function, Microsoft will no longer provide the following:
- Technical support for any issues
- Software updates
- Security updates or fixes
You could continue to use Windows 7, but without continued support and security updates, it will be at greater risk of viruses and malware attacks. There could also be significant and increasing loopholes in your security due to Windows 7 devices not receiving the latest security patches.
There is a potential to impact on GDPR, as unsupported operating systems could be viewed as a form of negligence. This means that if you have outdated software and suffer a related security breach, you could lose the trust of your customers and face a potentially hefty fine from the ICO.
Windows 10 - Business Benefits
- Simple & Straightforward - reducing complexity and providing a better all-round experience for Windows 10 business users.
- Improved Search Facility - makes looking for important documents and files 10 times easier.
- Advanced Security Features – Windows 10 introduces several advancements in security that are easy to manage. Vital security updates can be installed automatically.
- Task View – Multitasking feature that allows you to navigate desktop applications and programs with ease.
What do I need to do?
System 15 can help review your current hardware and guide you through the upgrade process.
Contact the IT Support Team to move your business to Windows 10 today.